My family loves pancakes! When we aimed to eat a Paleo diet 6 months ago, I mourned the loss of pancakes from my diet. That was, however, until I started to experiment with a Paleo friendly version. After countless attempts and tweaks, I think I have found a delectable solution to our pancake problem.
What you need:
4 eggs room temp
1/2 cup+ 1Tbsp almond milk or coconut milk
2 tsp pure vanilla extract
1 Tbsp honey or pure maple syrup
2 very ripe mashed bananas
1/2 cup coconut flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/8 tsp salt
Handful of dark chocolate chips
Optional Toppings: fresh strawberries, bananas slices, nuts, macadamia nut butter or more chocolate chips
What you do:
1. Whip 4 room temperature eggs with your stand mixer (or had mixer) until frothy.
2. Stir in almond milk, vanilla extract, honey and mashed bananas. Mix well.
3. In a separate bowls sift the coconut flour, baking soda and salt.
4. Combine wet and dry ingredients. (Note: coconut flour is very absorbent and batter will be thicker than traditional pancake batter)
5. Toss in chocolate chips and stir.
6. Spoon 1/4 cup of batter onto cooking surface for each pancake.
Yield: 5 medium sized pancakes
Inspired by: http://copycakecook.com/2013/08/10/chocolate-chip-coconut-flour-pancakes/